Are “healthy” foods sabotaging your health?
If they contain lectins, the answer is yes.
Because these toxic plant proteins can lead to digestive problems, weight gain, joint pain, brain fog, and a host of other health issues — so you want to avoid these “edible enemies” at all costs!
Now, I’ll be the first to tell you: Eliminating harmful lectins from your diet takes incredible will power.
But once you see the difference it can make to your physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing, it is so worth it.
And my guest is living proof of that.
On this episode of the Dr. Gundry Podcast, I speak with a Plant Paradox success story, Claudia Curici.
Claudia started to feel her health decline in her late thirties. She gained weight, seemingly inexplicably, and no matter what she did, she just couldn’t lose it.
But that all changed about two years ago, when Claudia went lectin-free.
Since then, she’s dropped 25 pounds and has made remarkable strides in her health journey.
Now, she’s helping others follow suit.
Claudia — who is studying to be a health coach — shares recipes and other resources on her Instagram account and website, Creative in my Kitchen, The Art of Cooking Lectin-Free Food.
She’s also putting together a cookbook of lectin-free recipes that will come out in 2020.
On this episode, Claudia opens up about the health struggles that led her to cut lectins from her diet, and how The Plant Paradox changed her life for the better.
She also offers advice for cutting lectins from your diet, and how she’s dealing with a new health challenge head on.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How you can be eating salads every day — and still see the number creep up on the scale (3:40)
- The REAL reason you could be getting sinus infections (hint: it isn’t allergies) (11:45)
- How you can be extremely overweight… without even knowing it (13:35)
- The doctor-approved reason to look at your “skinny pictures” (15:00)
- Why people are often misdiagnosed with anxiety… and what the REAL issue is (22:50)
- The “nutty” way my patient overcame her nut allergy (29:30)
- Why I’ve had a change of heart about eating spinach (33:30)
- What ALL gluten-free patients will see on their lab tests (36:20)
- How kissing your spouse could be damaging your gut (36:40)
- The dangerous sugar molecule you should know about before attempting the the “Carnivore Diet” (46:20)
- How to succeed on the Plant Paradox Diet… and actually stick with it! (50:20)
- How a 99-year-old man with the “Alzheimer’s gene” still holds down a daily job (59:50)
Mentioned on this episode:
If you like this episode, you may also enjoy:
Watch on YouTube: