My guest on today’s podcast, Donald (“Donnie”) Yance, is an internationally-known master herbalist and nutritionist.
Donnie received his herbal training through Sequoia College and is a professional member of the American Herbalists Guild. He was trained as a clinical nutritionist through the National Institute of Nutritional Education and holds certification through the National Association of Nutrition Professionals. Donnie is also professed as a Secular Franciscan (SFO), which equips him with the breadth and wisdom to touch on the spiritual aspects of healing.
Donnie has authored two books:
- Herbal Medicine, Healing and Cancer
- Adaptogens in Medical Herbalism: Elite Herbs and Natural Compounds for Mastering Stress, Aging and Chronic Illness.
In addition, he has been involved in authoring and co-authoring dozens of articles that have appeared in major industry publications and national journals. On the education side, each year Donnie Yance gives several lectures across the USA at major hospitals and conferences for both patients and health care providers, as well as making radio and podcast appearances.
After decades of extensive research and clinical practice, Donnie developed a comprehensive approach to healing called the Eclectic Triphasic™ Medical System (ETMS). Now also practiced as Mederi Medicine/Mederi Care, ETMS consists of a holistic diagnostic and therapeutic methodology rooted in American Eclectic herbal tradition, constitutional energetics, and contemporary clinical nutrition—continuously updated and honed with the latest scientific research at the molecular, cellular, and genomic levels.
In 2011, the Centre for Natural Healing (now Mederi Center), where Donnie Yance has conducted his successful clinical practice since 1992, merged with the Mederi Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization established by Yance in 2005. ETMS is the care model employed by the Mederi Center’s clinical practice team and the Foundation’s professional educational training and clinical research programs. Over the past two decades, Donnie Yance has built a library of well-established, world-class research on the medicinal value and multifaceted interactions of over one hundred botanicals and their key constituents, with major emphasis in the area of Oncology. This incredible collection will be available to health care professionals through the Mederi Academy.
Donnie Yance is also the founder and formulator of Natura Health Products, for which he created a unique line of therapeutic-grade botanical and nutritional supplements. The current Natura portfolio consists of over forty formulations derived from botanical and nutritional agents acquired from around the world. These products have made a significant contribution to his tangible success in improving the health of his patients, specifically by providing therapeutic amounts of key ingredients that would otherwise be unattainable anywhere in the world.
During our discussion, you’ll discover:
-The story behind Mederi Medicine…12:20
- “To heal and be whole” is the translation from Latin
- 3 wings of the Mederi Foundation:
- Donnie’s specialty is oncology
- The model is based on how to maximize the health of the patient via 3 targets
- Target the disease
- Botanical medicine is the soul of Mederi care (God’s humble pharmacy)
- Nutritional medicine (supplements)
- Spiritual medicine
- A two-year certification school is in the works
-The importance of spiritual health when it comes to one’s overall well-being…19:30
-Why plants are often overlooked in their ability to survive…24:04
-How plants as medicine can help mitigate some of the risks of vaccines…29:15
- Podcast with Matt Cook
- Article by Donnie Yance on blood clots and Covid vaccines
- Drop-in platelets happen very fast; body super aggregates them as a result, causes clots
- Blood-invigorating herbs
- Foundational plants, tonic herbs
- Stress hormones stiffen the body, in and out
- Some of the plants that are the best at moving the blood, also do the opposite when the body needs it
- Flew Away product
- Yarrow clears heat; is a hemostatic (soldier’s herb)
- Yarrow is also an excellent mosquito repellent
-Donnie’s concerns about current Covid vaccines…39:35
- Weighing the risk of benefit/ratio of Covid vaccines article by Donnie Yance
- Consider a vaccine simply to acclimate to society
- There is no long-term data on the efficacy of Covid vaccines
- Lots of misinformation, selective pressure
- mRNA vaccine is a new technology; susceptible to mutations
- Vaccines give more risk of hospitalization than Covid itself for certain demographics
- “Just trust us” was the mantra when DDT was introduced in the 1940s
- Health biomarker assessment
- Nourishing the yin and yang as one gets older (masculine vs. feminine)
-Donnie’s thoughts on some of the upcoming vaccines…51:15
-Why we shouldn’t be quick to ignore ancient healing knowledge when it comes to viruses…1:03:30
- Huge scientific bias against herbal medicine
- No reason we can’t incorporate ancestral practices with modern medicine
- The U.S. had great systems of medicine based on herbal medicine as recently as one hundred years ago
- Clinical trials on herbal medicine are taking place currently
- Potential benefit to support innate healing ability
- 3 Rs of research: Rigor, Repetition, Robust
-And much more…
Resources from this episode:
- Carnivore Diet, Raw Beans, Lectin Myths, Pre-Sleep Gelatin, Apple Peels & More – Q&A Episode With Joel Greene!
- Joel Greene Podcast Part 2: How To Reshape Fat Cells, Enhance Repair During Sleep, Target Your “Circaseptan Rhythms,” Build Young Muscle & Get Rid Of Old Muscle.
- Joel Greene Podcast Part 1: How To Reboot The Gut, Eat Cheesecake Without Gaining Weight, Amplify Any Fasting Protocol & Maximize Fat Loss.
- 3 Ways To Doctor Up Your Bone Broth, 10 Habits Of Successful Vegetable Eaters, 30 Second Office Workouts & More With Dr. Frank Lipman
- Is Ben Greenfield Going To Get Vaccinated, Which Vaccine Is The Safest, The Future Of Cutting-Edge Regenerative Medicine Therapies & More With Dr. Matthew Cook.
– Other Resources:
–Kion Clean Protein: Organic natural flavors, Himalayan sea salt, and stevia deliver rich chocolate and velvety smooth vanilla flavors that are out of this world—seriously, even in plain ole’ water.
–CAROL bike: The AI-powered exercise bike that is clinically proven to give you the same cardio benefits as a 45-minute jog in under 9 minutes, with only 40 seconds of hard work. Get a $100 discount off your CAROL bike when you use the code BEN.
–Organifi Red Juice: Enjoy all the benefits of the 11 superfoods and their micronutrients that help increase resting metabolism, support cardiovascular health, and remove toxins to turn back the hands of time! Receive a 20% discount on your entire order when you use discount code BENG20.
–Paleo Valley Organ Complex: Contains not one but three organs from healthy, grass-fed, pasture-raised cows so you are getting a more diverse array of nutrients. Receive a 15% discount off your order when you use discount code BENGREENFIELD15.
Do you have questions, thoughts, or feedback for Donnie or me? Leave your comments below and one of us will reply!