Believing that you should never hesitate to trade your cow for a handful of magic beans…
…my friend and my guest on today’s podcast—Ronan Levy—has built a career out of doing things that others say cannot be done.
Ronan Levy started his career as a securities lawyer at Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP but left that after realizing he was much too creative for the profession of law. Since then, Ronan Levy has helped launch businesses across a number of industries from gold, to cannabis, and, most recently, in psychedelics where he is a co-founder and the Executive Chairman of Field Trip Health Ltd. (NASDAQ: FTRP), a global leader in the development and delivery of psychedelic therapies. When not being thoroughly incorrigible, Ronan Levy lives in Toronto with his wife and two children. He’s also the host of the podcast “Field Tripping,” on which I’ve been a guest in this episode.
Ronan Levy first joined me on my podcast for the episode ‘Microdosing, Biohacking Plant Medicines, Psychedelic-Assisted Psychotherapy, & More – How “Field Trip Health” Works For Ketamine, MDMA, DMT, Psilocybin, & Beyond!“, in which we discussed Field Trip Health, Inc., the world’s first mental wellness company focused on psychedelics and psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy, which at the time was opening the first medical centers—first in Toronto, then in Chicago, New York, Seattle, Houston, Atlanta, Stamford, and LA—dedicated exclusively to the administration of psychedelics, in a “spa-like” setting.
During our discussion, you’ll discover:
-A brief overview of Field Trip Health and its unsexy products…07:06
-Various ways Field Trip Health provides therapy and psychedelic journeys…13:45
- Trip App Ronan Levy mentions
- The app assists in understanding the products and various treatments in a clinical setting
- Legality issues make it difficult to recommend specific parameters on use
- The app has various tracks at different lengths for different types of journeys
- East Forest music
- Voice notes to record your thoughts and memos during your journey
-How a clinical experience differs from a home or app experience…16:13
- Wired magazine article that Ben mentions
- Ketamine is currently the only legal psychedelic in the U.S.
- Safe environment with a therapist with you the whole time
- Hang out after the session until the medicine wears off
- You want to stay in that space as long as possible
-Psychedelics beside ketamine we may see legalized in the near future…20:20
- MDMA assisted therapy for PTSD treatment, and eventually for anybody dealing with depression and anxiety
- Psilocybin in California, Canada, and more
- LSD (more challenging because of longer trip time)
-Cost considerations for psychedelic journeys now and in the future…23:36
- Ketamine experience is currently $750 soup to nuts
- Cost is comparable to a therapist with conventional treatment
- Costs of LSD or psilocybin treatment will depend on the cost of the drugs
- Lots of incentives for insurance companies to cover such treatments once the drugs are legalized
-Ronan’s own experience with a Field Trip clinic…28:22
- Video of Ronan asking Elon Musk a question about psychedelics
- Like seeing the beating heart of the universe
- It’s not all bliss and wonder; it’s a functional life force
- People often report a transcendent, meeting-God type experience with ketamine
- Intramuscular injection vs. an IV gives a more intense ride with neurobiology benefits that go with it
-The history of Field Trip Health’s psilocybin-mimicking drug…38:12
- FT104 is considered a “prodrug”
- 70% report cure of PTSD in clinical MDMA trials
- Generating an ROI without a patent is very difficult
- Logistical issues often make clinical treatments impractical
- FT104 mimics the effects of psilocybin
- Cut the trip in half, without affecting the therapeutic outcomes
- Operates on the same receptors as psilocybin, but doesn’t bind for as long a period of time, and binds more quickly
- Faster onset, shorter duration, faster offset
- Microdosing FT104 isn’t a high priority at the moment
- FT104 is still being tested only on animals
- FDA approval is expected in the next 4-5 years
-Other things about Field Trip and psychedelics Ronan is excited about…51:20
- Community programs
- Training programs are forthcoming
- It’s not about the medicine, it’s about how the medicine improves the lives of those who take it
- The Immortality Key by Brian Muraresku
-And much more…
Resources from this episode:
– Ronan Levy:
– Other Resources:
–Kion Aminos: Building blocks for muscle recovery, reduced cravings, better cognition, immunity, and more.
–Organifi Red Juice: Enjoy all the benefits of the 11 superfoods and their micronutrients that help increase resting metabolism, support cardiovascular health, and remove toxins to turn back the hands of time! Receive a 20% discount on your entire order when you use discount code BENG20.
–Clearlight Saunas: You can be sure that I researched all the saunas before I bought mine and Clearlight was the one that stood out from all the rest because of their EMF and ELF Shielding and their Lifetime Warranty. Mention BEN GREENFIELD and you’ll receive an extra discount on your purchase.
–Seed Daily Synbiotic: A formulation of 24 unique strains, each of which included at their clinically verified dose, to deliver systemic benefits in the body. Save 15% off your first month’s subscription when you use discount code BEN15.
Do you have questions, thoughts, or feedback for Ronan Levy or me? Leave your comments below and one of us will reply!