Looking for a delicious, gluten-free, low-carb treat to pair with your morning coffee? This keto coffee cake recipe delivers on flavor, while remaining low in carbohydrates.
Start by combining familiar dry ingredients including almond flour, coconut flour and a keto diet-friendly sweetener (like xylitol or erythritol) with wet ingredients like vanilla extract, Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee and eggs. The result is a moist, cinnamon-flavored cake sprinkled with a decadent crumb topping.
And if you really want to kick this low-carb coffee cake recipe up a notch, the optional glaze tastes divine and contains health-supportive ingredients like Bulletproof Vanilla Collagen Protein and Bulletproof Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil.
If you’re into meal plans and prep, you can even make this keto coffee cake with streusel topping into individual muffin serving sizes for portion and net carb control. Swap the baking dish for a muffin-friendly baking pan and be sure to adjust the cooking time down a bit—always perform the toothpick check!
Then, pair your keto cinnamon coffee cake with a clean cup of coffee. If you prefer a lighter roast, go with Bulletproof Breakfast Blend. For a stronger flavor profile, opt for Bulletproof French Kick. If you plan for a black cup of coffee, you can always up your quality fat intake by slathering your keto coffee cake with more grass-fed ghee or melted butter.
Not an early bird? Devour your keto coffee cake for brunch or as a tasty keto dessert option. And, thanks to awesome macros, this delectable treat is also a great accompaniment for OMAD or when breaking an intermittent fast.
Keto Coffee Cake
Start to Finish: 60
Keto Coffee Cake
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 level cup coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup melted Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee
- 1/4 cup quality birchwood xylitol or erythritol
- 2 tsp. lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1-1 1/2 Tbsp. quality birchwood xylitol or erythritol
- 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 2-3 Tbsp. softened Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee
- 5-6 Tbsp. almond flour
- Preheat the oven to 340°F (170°C). Grease and line a cake pan with parchment paper.
- Add all the cake ingredients into a bowl or food processor and combine evenly.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared cake tin and spread out evenly. Note the mixture will be quite thick, due to the coconut flour.
- Add all the streusel ingredients into the same bowl or food processor and mix or blend until crumbs form. If the mixture is too wet, add in 1 Tbsp. more of almond flour and pulse together until a ‘crumb’ texture is achieved.
- Evenly sprinkle the streusel mixture on top of the cake.
- Place into the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until the cake is thoroughly baked. When it looks ready, turn the oven off, leave the cake inside the oven but leave the door ajar.
- Add all of the glaze ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together.
- Once the cake has cooled, drizzle some of the glaze over the top and serve with a piping-hot cup of clean Bulletproof Coffee.
Nutritional Information (1 slice):
- Calories: 276
- Fat: 21.8g
- Saturated Fat: 12.5g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Salt: 221mg
- Carbs: 13g
- Fiber: 7.9g
- Sugar: 2.2g
- Protein: 9g
Join over 1 million fans
Sign-up for the Bulletproof mailing list and receive the latest news and updates!