If you’re having a bit of trouble winding down from the day, a gentle, calming cup of collagen-infused sleep tea might just be the wind-down beverage you’ve been searching for.
You can think of this tea as a subtle way to lull you into a sleepy state so you can drift off peacefully. The recipe contains our new Bulletproof Sleep Collagen Protein, which has a plethora of relaxing ingredients, including chamomile, melatonin and magnesium. Plus, the Lucuma vanilla flavor will both soothe and support sweet dreams.
We’ve also sprinkled in a touch of aromatic and health-benefitting cinnamon to complement the vanilla notes swirling in your teacup. And, though optional, dried ginger heightens the perks of this tea, thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
For this sleep tea recipe, we’ve used coconut milk. However, if you’re not a fan, simply swap it for your favorite nut or seed milk, instead. Just keep in mind that some ‘milks’ froth better than others…
Collagen Sleep Tea
Start to Finish: 5 Minutes
- Optional: 1/2 tsp. dried ginger powder
- Optional: 1 tsp. sweetener of choice
- Add all ingredients into a small saucepan and simmer on low-medium heat.
- Use a whisk to smooth out any lumps. Froth the mixture for a few minutes. Alternatively, once heated, add the tea mixture to a blender, and blitz until frothy for 15-30 seconds.
- Pour into a mug and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Sip and enjoy.
Makes: 1 cup
Nutritional Information (1 cup):
- Calories: 175
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated Fat: 10.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Salt: 65mg
- Carbs: 2.6g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sugar: 0.8g
- Protein: 10.2g
Join over 1 million fans
Sign-up for the Bulletproof mailing list and receive the latest news and updates!